CHALLENGES IN CREATING TRANSFORMATIVE GROWTH FOR COMPANIES IN DIGITAL ECONOMY
Digital economy creates waves and waves of disruptions. To survive and thrive in digital economy, where technology is disrupting industries from education to even manufacturing, companies are looking for new approaches to stay relevant. As the world becomes more digitalized, customer centric approach to product development, short product cycles and rapid decision-making is needed. At the same time, while optimizing the existing core business, companies must grow more entrepreneurial culture and transformational growth engines inside the companies. Following this path, the major challenge for companies is how to implement strategic growth innovation along with executing traditional business model and operational excellence. Tis paper aims to explore and present the importance of digital transformation and innovations. Companies should strive to build collaborative relationships as a means to creating transformational growth. It is suggested that information and communications technologies are significant in the process of strategic planning.
The Paper also emphasizes the importance of organizational structure and culture required for implementing strategies that are aligned with digital transformation.
2. Blank, S. (2015). The Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking 2015 (The Startup Ecosystem Report Series). Compass.co (Startup Compass Inc.). Retrieved from https://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/data/Documents/Resources/Global_Startup_Ecosystem_Report_2015_v1.2.pdf?rev=5D40
3. Cerius executives. (2016, August 27). Transformational Growth – Is It An Elusive Myth Or An Achievable Goal? Retrieved from https://ceriusexecutives.com/transformational-growth-elusivemyth-achievable-goal/
4. Chesbrough, H. (2003). Open Innovation: The New Imperative for Creating and Profiting from Technology. Boston: Harvard Business Review Press.
5. Christensen, C., & Raynor, M. (2013). The Innovator’s Solution: Creating and Sustaining
Successful Growth (1 edition). Boston: Harvard Business Review Press.
6. Cvijić, M., Borocki, J., & Lalić, D. (2012). Otvoreni modeli inovacija. U A. Trbović & A. Čavoški (Ur.), Inovacije i preduzetništvo: alati za uspeh na tržištu EU (str. 65–83). Beograd: Fakultet za ekonomiju, fnansije i administraciju.
7. Engel, K., Peterson, E., Ruppert, M., Andrade, N., & Zuazua, M. (2016). The Management of Global Innovation: Business Expectations for 2020. A.T. Kearney. Retrieved from https://www.atkearney.com/documents/10192/8712020/The+Management+of+Global+Innovation%E2%80%93Business+Expectations+for+2020.pdf/45be90cb-969d-4912-ae49-9e40e1d783cc
8. Eswaran, A. (2018, April 12). 10 learnings from 1,000+ digital transformations: #1 Every company is a software company [LinkedIn]. Retrieved from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/10-learningsfrom-1000-digital-transformations-1-every-anand-eswaran/European Commission. (2012). Open Innovation 2012 (3 edition). Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.
9. General Electric. (2013, January). GE Global Innovation Barometer 2013 - Global Research
Findings & Insights. General Electric / StrategyOne. Retrieved from https://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/Innovation_Overview.pdf
10. General Electric. (2018). GE Global Innovation Barometer 2018 Summary Report. GeneralElectric / Strategy One. Retrieved from https://s3.amazonaws.com/dsg.fles.app.content.prod/gereports/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/12141008/GE_Global_Innovation_Barometer_2018-Summary_Report.pdf
11. Hagel, J., Brown, J. S., & Da vison, L. (2009). Measuring the forces of long-term change - The 2009 Shift Index (Deloitte Shift Index Series). Deloitte.
12. Harvard Business Review Analytic Services. (2017). Competing in 2020: Winners and Losers in the Digital Economy. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/resources/pdfs/comm/microsof/Competingin2020.pdf
13. Letellier, P. (2015). Point of view of an expert in the digital transformation. U A. Meige & J. Schmitt, Innovation Intelligence. Commoditization. Digitalization. Acceleration. Major Pressure on Innovation Drivers. (1 ed., p. 133–137). Absans Publishing.
14. MassChallenge, & Imaginatik. (2016). The state of startup/corporate collaboration 2016. Mass Challenge. Retrieved from https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/1955252/SCC_2016/Startup_Corporate_Collab_2016_Report.pdf
15. Mašić, B., Džunić, M., & Nešić, S. (2014). Savremena teorija menadžmenta: škole i novi pristupi. Beograd: Data status.
16. Mesenbourg, T. (2000). Measuring the digital economy. United States Census Bureau’s. Retrieved from https://www.census.gov/library/working-papers/2001/econ/mesenbourg-01.html
17. Minster, J.-F. (2015). Preface. U A. Meige & J. Schmitt, Innovation Intelligence. Commoditization. Digitalization. Acceleration. Major Pressure on Innovation Drivers. (1 ed., p. ix–xi). Absans Publishing.
18. Mocker, V., Bielli, S., & Haley, C. (2015). Winning Together: a guide to successful corporate startup collaborations. London: Nesta. Retrieved from https://nesta-production.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/winning-_together-june-2015.pdf
19. OECD. (2013). The Digital Economy 2012 (No. DAF/COMP(2012)22). Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/daf/competition/Te-Digital-Economy-2012.pdf
20. OECD. (2018, May 22). Making the digital transformation work: A preliminary integrated policy
framework. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/going-digital/framework/OECD. (2016). Digital
Economy: Innovation, Growth and Social Prosperity - OECD Ministerial Meeting – Cancún, Mexico, 21-23 June 2016. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/internet/ministerial/STI-Cancun-2016-ENG.pdf
21. Perkmann Berger, S. (2017). 5 Steps To Successfully Collaborate With Startups. What Venture GmbH. Retrieved from https://www.whataventure.com/collaboration/5-steps-successfullycollaborate-with-startups/Puthiyamadam, T. (2017, May 29). How the Meaning of Digital Transformation Has Evolved. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2017/05/how-the-meaning-ofdigital-transformation-has-evolved
22. Rigby, D., & Bilodeau, B. (2018, travanj 5). Management Tools & Trends. Retrieved from http://www.bain.com/publications/articles/management-tools-and-trends-2017.aspx
23. Swabey, P. (2017a, April 6). Business model innovation in Germany. The Economist – Intelligence Unit. Retrieved from http://perspectives.eiu.com/technology-innovation/innovating-scale/infographic/business-model-innovation-germany
24. Swabey, P. (2017b, April 6). Business model innovation in UK. The Economist - Intelligence Unit. Retrieved from http://perspectives.eiu.com/sites/default/fles/images/UK%20infographic%20fnal.pdf
25. Weiblen, T., & Chesbrough, H. (2015). Engaging with Startups to Enhance Corporate Innovation. California Management Review, 57(2), 66–90. https://doi.org/10.1525/cmr.2015.57.2.66
26. Westerman, G., Bonnet, D., & McAfee, A. (2014, January 7). The Nine Elements of Digital Transformation. Retrieved from https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/the-nine-elements-of-digitaltransformation/
27. World Economic Forum. (2015). Collaborative Innovation Transforming Business, Driving Growth. World Economic Forum. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_Collaborative_Innovation_report_2015.pdf